I have clipped coupons before and saved a little bit here and there over the years. I thought "Cool! I saved two bucks from coupons."
Well, little did I know about "couponing" and the coupon world.
A few weeks ago, I went to Albertsons with my sister-in-law. I just thought she was shopping for a few things here and there. I thought she had to grab a few things before we headed to a family function. She kept looking from her shopping list to the merchandise on the shelf, back and forth, back and forth. So I asked her, "What are you doing?" she then told me about how she was learning from one of her friends about these amazing coupon deals, and websites and stuff. I was like okay cool, cool. I didn't think much of it... till she got to the cashier.
She handed the cashier some coupons, then was told the total.
"What?!" I said to myself.
She got $30.00 of groceries for like $2.28
Who would pass that up? I know I wouldn't! So I asked her about the websites and how to get started. Luckily Justin and I had bought a daily newspaper cause coupons do come in the papers. Especially on Sunday!
So I decided to start being part of the coupon women of sorts and save some money for our family. I figure I can do this during the day when jack is sleeping or occupied by toys or other sorts, and make "money by saving money."
There is so much to learn though. Oh you wouldn't think so by the sound of it, but man! There are so many techniques its almost bothersome. I haven't got the handle on it quite yet, but I'm saving a little bit at a time until I get how it works.
It may not sound like much, but it works! Don't take my word for it. Try it yourself by going to hip2save.com, http://savvyshopperdeals.com/ or http://grocerysmarts.com/utah/lists/splashg84rcm.php
There are coupons from everything point of the spectrum from clothing, make-up, baby items, household items, food, yard, anything you can think of there are coupons and deals for.
It may take some time to get used to the sites, and the jargon but I think its well worth it for stay at home moms that want to save some $$$ on food and home goods, and spend it else where, or SAVE IT!

2 comments:
My sister-in-law is trying to get me going on this, it looks great! Congrats on your savings!:)
Awesome! Thanks for the websites!
Post a Comment