Yesterday, we were finally able to get out in the yard and work on the sprinklers a little more. It was an awesome day to work outside. It was warm and sunny, with not a cloud in the sky.
So... One by one we checked each valve, each sprinkler section, and each sprinkler head to make sure everything would work as it should before we put in our grass.
Well its started out nice, then the surprises came.
Water came seeping out of the dirt in some spots, which revealed broken pipes. In one section of the yard, a pipe came bursting from the ground, shooting up water a few feet from the ground. (we still can't find the other end of the pipe it broke off.)
Cracked sprinkler heads pushing dirt forcefully in different directions.
Many holes were made to fix these problems. Which brings us to our curious and helpful son.
Jack was so intent on watching his dad dig these holes, play with pipes and gadgets and tools, that he just had to join in and help in any way he could.
So he ventured out for a hole he could crawl in, and started touching and playing with the pipes he could find inside the holes he would crawl into. Of course there were inches of water inside each hole, which then made mud... well you get it.
Jack would randomly find his father, see what he was up to, then go about doing his own thing again.
This is the cutest part! When ever he would climb out of a hole, his butt would get muddier and muddier. I just couldn't resist letting him climb around.
This was his favorite hole. He kept climbing in and out and in and out of this hole. Dirty hands, feet, legs, and bum.
These are the times when you need to make sure you have a camera on hand. The cutest pictures come from the dirtiest or wrong things that they do. This act was on the good side, but its others like getting into the bathroom and taking all the toilet paper off the roll, or drawing a picture on the wall for you. Its things like that I think I will one day miss. When the grow older its more extravagant things like driving or dating or fighting that you have to worry about. I" would choose toilet paper and drawing on the wall over those other things any day. I remember those days and am not looking forward to that happening when my kids reach that age. Just take these silly moments with you little ones as they come, because I'm pretty positive there will be worse things to come.
Note to self:His adventures have only just begun, so let him explore the world and experience all his adventures with them while you still can. Don't take it for granted.

2 comments:
How fun! I hope I can remember your advice when our time comes!:)
Its just one thing I have learned since we had Jack. From lifes experiences, we have come to find things that we were going to do with our kids, that we see others take disadvantage of. This is one! When you guys have a kid of your own, stuff will just pop into your head that you will think is an important thing, and that will be part of your family experiences. We learn something new everyday from being Jacks parents. Its awesome!
Post a Comment