Monday, May 3, 2010

"Baby Sister?"

Justin and I thought it would be nice to try and get Jack used to the fact that mommy's belly was growing and started talking to him about babies. One day we asked him what he thought the baby was going to be. "Jack, are you going to have a baby brother or a baby sister?" At first he would say "sister... brother" but then after about a week or so, he had decided that it was a baby sister. Four weeks later, we had our ultrasound that revealed what we were going to have. "Its a boy!" Justin wasn't convinced, and I still think he's not convinced even now.
It has been about ten weeks since we found out what we were having, and Jack still runs up to my belly, pulls up my shirt, and rubs that belly saying... "baby sister!" I think he is in denial just like his father. Hopefully by the time the baby is here, we can get him to stop saying baby sister. But, who knows. Maybe Jack is just getting a head start with teasing his little brother.
( The ultrasound picture wasn't the best, so maybe, just maybe it could go either way at this point. I go in for another ultrasound tomorrow, so maybe we can see for sure, and settle this little predicament we/Justin and Jack are in. )

No comments: