For those that are following, here is an update on Baby #2. This post is mainly for me, so I can write down whats going to happen and hopefully make me feel a little less overwhelmed. It's therapeutic for me to write when I am scared or nervous about something. It somehow calms me down.
Any way, This Tuesday, I will be having a doctors appointment that will consist of an ultrasound, Amniocentesis, then an NST (non-stress test). I have had all my doctors tell me their views and opinions on the situation of getting an amnio and a C- section verses a vaginal delivery. Which is very helpful in my situation where I have no idea what would be the best way to go. Plus with the fact that my blood sugar numbers spiking for no apparent reason, Justin and I feel it would be best not to risk waiting and having the chance for a still-birth. We have agreed to do an amniocentesis (taking a sample of my amniotic fluid to test the maturity of baby's lungs). After listening to what my doctors had to say about them, and also reading up on the procedure, I feel a little better about letting it happen.
After this test, I will be able to find out the results while I am doing my NST.
This was a relief. I only have to wait about a half hour to forty five minutes to find out if baby's lungs are developed. If they are mature and healthy enough to breath on his own, I will be scheduled for a C-section that afternoon.
I was preparing to have a baby around July 16th, and then last Tuesday, plans changed to maybe having him this Tuesday. A lot closer than expected but we are very excited either way. We will keep you posted on if anything happens Tuesday.
4 comments:
Just remember to take some deep breaths, everything will be ok! It's a lot of stuff to take in, but just think about how at the end of all that you will have an amazing, beautiful little baby to take home and love forever :) Plus it's earlier...what pregnant woman would argue with that?! Especially when it's hot out! GOOD LUCK!
Ha ha thats so true! Not being pregnant anymore will be a big perk! Thanks! Sounds like you've had lots of fun at your house too! Those girls of yours are so adorable, and growing so fast!
Wow Tuesday! How exciting. He will be so small and cute. I'm sure everything will go great. We'll keep you in our prayers today and tomorrow. Don't forget to post pictures!
Thanks :) It has been pretty crazy around here but I'm loving it! Hey, I have 2 girls, you are about to have two boys (today perhaps?!)...just saying, maybe we should set something up ;) Hope everything goes awesome! Post some pictures of the new little guy!
Post a Comment